Wednesday, June 20, 2012

4 weeks to go!

My training is done and I'm off to Kona this weekend. I'll have the beautiful Pacific ocean to inspire me and the camaraderie of my fellow runners to spur me on to the finish line. In an "out and back" course, the runners ahead of you pass you as they head back to the finish line. Rather than discouraging you, they give off such an energy as they come flying by it lifts your spirits and gives you a boost. Kona brings out not only local runners, but also some physically challenged and those celebrating their survival of cancer and other diseases. I am thankful I can be a part of this celebration of life.  You still have four weeks before your big day, so keep up the training! Nothing changes this week...30 min. twice, an easy walk to stretch those muscles, then your long one on the weekend. It's 11 miles this time. One more long one after this week and then you'll taper. Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment